The pressure to have a sleek toned body shortly after having a baby is becoming more and more pressing. With so many celebrities stepping outside with their seemingly flawless bikini body’s just weeks after giving birth the urge to lose weight fast seems to be on every new mom’s mind.
While we can’t guarantee a shaped body immediately following delivery, we have compiled a list of a few things new moms can do to start shedding that baby weight while maintaining your sanity and strength to care for your new little one. [You may also like: Key Factors In Weight Management After Menopause ]
- Having a baby is no easy task. It is important to keep in mind that your body has just been through a major ordeal.
- Don’t get too wrapped up in trying to lose weight immediately after having your baby.
- A safe rule of thumb is to wait until your six week post-partum check to visit with your doctor and find out what diet plans or programs are best for you and your baby.
- Be mindful of the extra calories you need especially if you are breastfeeding, cutting calories too soon will likely affect your milk supply so you won’t be able to give your baby what she needs.
- Many women find that walking is a great way to get back into an exercise regime. Bundle your baby up, load him in the stroller, and enjoy the outdoors together.
- Whatever you do, start slow then work your way up to where you want to be. If you keep at it at a regular pace, you may be amazed at how fast the pounds seem to melt away, said the author of ‘Weightalogue’.
- Many celebrities credit their svelte bodies to the tried and true theory of eating healthy.
- Supermodel Heidi Klum got ready for her runway appearance two short months after giving birth by cutting out alcohol and unhealthy carbohydrates.
- She also eats small meals frequently throughout the day. The last thing you want to do is go on a crash diet or cut out eating altogether.
- Doing so will drain you of the energy you need to care for your new bundle of joy, and not to mention, yourself.
- Just eat things that are good for you, and keep up the exercise. You may just be surprised at how easy it is to lose weight after pregnancy.